Desiccated Coconut is a grated, dried (3% moisture content max) and unsweetened fresh meat or kernel of a mature fruit of coconut. Desiccated coconuts are graded by its cutting size, for example, fine grade and medium grade where fine grade is smaller particle size than the medium grade.
The processes of desiccated coconut are as below:
• Removal of coconut husk,
• Removal of coconut shell,
• Removal of thick brown coconut skin,
• Washing of white coconut meat to remove foreign material,
• Blanching of white coconut meat to reduce the number of microorganism to the safe level fit for human consumption within its shelf life,
• Cutting of white coconut meat into the desired size,
• Hot air blow drying the grated white coconut meat to reduce the moisture content from 19% to less than 3%.
• Cooling of desiccated coconut,
• Sieving of desiccated coconut to separate desiccated coconut as according to the desired size,
• Finally, packing of desiccated coconut.
Type of Coconuts
12” – 16” Girth
PP bag, Net bag or Corrugated Carton
Sri Lanka is year round summer island which filled with tropical vegetables and fruits everywhere. Our agents are doing rigorous inspections to make sure only we export best vegetables, spices and coconut products in Sri Lankacontact now